You MUST register to attend these classes.
Anyone who is interested in taking the Bunny Tune-Up Class offered by the Colorado House Rabbit Society may do so. The class is for people 12 years old and up, who really have an interest in learning about rabbit care and handling.
Prerequisites for the class are to have read the following articles which can be found under “Rabbit Care” on the home page:
- Do You Really Want Rabbits and Would Rabbits Want You?
- Preparing for Your New Rabbit
- Rabbit-Proofing Your Home
- Life Outside – Cruel and High Risk
Common Medical Problems
Basics of Bunny Behavior and Handling Techniques
- Building Trust with New Rabbits
- Making Friends with Your Rabbit
- Training a Companion Rabbit
- Basics of Litter Training
- Regarding the Safety of Chewing Paper
- Traveling with a Rabbit
The class is four hours long, with one break. Among the many things taught in this class are:
- handling your rabbit so you are both comfortable and safe
- grooming the coat for care and pleasure of both you and your rabbit
- checking eyes, ears, chin, and teeth so potential problems can be caught early and corrected quickly
- keeping the hocks healthy and preventing hock sores
- clipping nails (and teeth, if necessary)
- cleaning the genital pockets
If you are interested in attending one of these classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the date and location you are interested in, as well as where you will be coming from. We will contact you with the exact location and directions to the class, and confirmation that you are scheduled.
During class, we will be using the Tune-Up Form. We suggest you download and use this form when doing your bunnies’ tune-ups at home.
Classes will be held:
Register for classes by emailing email@example.com
All classes run from 1PM to 5PM
Please arrive no later than 12:45 so we can get the rabbits settled before the class starts.
Saturday Jan. 6
Sunday Jan. 14
Saturday Feb. 3
Sunday Feb. 11
Saturday March 3
Sunday March 11
Saturday April 7
Sunday April 15
Saturday May 5
Saturday June 2
Saturday July 7
Sunday July 15
Saturday Aug. 4
Sunday Aug. 12
Saturday Sept. 1
Sunday Sept. 9
Saturday Oct. 6
Sunday Oct. 14
Saturday Nov. 3
Sunday Nov 18
Saturday Dec. 1